Activating health professionals to work toward health equity.
Health Coverage Workgroup
- We support the MinnesotaCare Buy-in as a way to provide affordable, high quality health insurance to Minnesotans.
- We support continuing the provider tax as it is a critical means of keeping Minnesotans insured and funding the Healthcare Access Fund.
Racial Equity Workgroup
- Educate and activate physicians on how to eliminate racial inequities in health.
- Disseminate and implement equitable care best practices across the hospitals, clinics, and systems we work in.
What does it mean to be a member of Minnesota Doctors for Health Equity (MDHEQ)?
Our members are citizen physicians who advocate for health equity in all aspects of their professional, public, and private lives. This is done in a variety of ways:
- General Membership: Physicians who join MDHEQ endorse the organization’s policy positions and work toward health equity in their daily work. They receive regular emails about opportunities for action and service.
- Workgroup Member: In addition to joining as a general member, physicians who wish to further health equity in a particular focus area may choose to participate in one or more workgroups. Workgroup members attend regular meetings, engage with community members and community organizations, and interact with legislators.
- Workgroup Lead: Each workgroup is headed by 1-2 physician leaders who organize the workgroup around specific and actionable goals, disseminate frequent and transparent communication to workgroup members, and attend meetings with the advisory board.
- Advisory Board: MDHEQ is governed by a Board that develops and implements overall strategy for the organization. Advisory board members communicate daily, meet at least monthly, coordinate workgroups, and meet with organizations, community members, and legislators.
If you are interested in joining us, please fill out the form below