To work toward health equity for all Minnesotans
Areas of Action
Our members act to advance health equity through legislative, community, and institutional engagement
Health Coverage Workgroup
- Repeal the Provider Tax sunset to keep our patients insured and to ensure adequate reserves in the Health Care Access Fund.
- Increase income eligibility for MinnesotaCare and allow MinnesotaCare to be sold on MNsure
Racial Equity Workgroup
- Engage with community organizations working toward racial justice and health equity.
- Disseminate and implement equitable care best practices across the hospitals, clinics, and systems we work in.
What does it mean to be a member of Minnesota Doctors for Health Equity (MDHEQ)?
Our members are citizen physicians who advocate for health equity in all aspects of their professional, public, and private lives. This is done in a variety of ways:
- General Membership: Physicians who join MDHEQ endorse the organization’s policy positions and work toward health equity in their daily work. They receive regular emails about opportunities for action and service.
- Workgroup Member: In addition to joining as a general member, physicians who wish to further health equity in a particular focus area may choose to participate in one or more workgroups. Workgroup members attend regular meetings, engage with community members and community organizations, and interact with legislators.
- Workgroup Lead: Each workgroup is headed by 1-2 physician leaders who organize the workgroup around specific and actionable goals, disseminate frequent and transparent communication to workgroup members, and attend meetings with the advisory board.
- Advisory Board: MDHEQ is governed by a Board that develops and implements overall strategy for the organization. Advisory board members communicate daily, meet at least monthly, coordinate workgroups, and meet with organizations, community members, and legislators.
If you are interested in joining us, please fill out the form below